A program serving children ages 18 months-pre-kindergarten where they learn through social skills, Bible lessons, crafts, theme-related lessons and music.
Enrollment is open to any child ages 18 months to pre-kindergarten, providing our program can meet the needs of that child. We believe children benefit from a lower student-to-teacher ratio, and that smaller class sizes allow for more individual attention. Class enrollment is limited.
Our program uses thematic units to teach pre-reading skills, reading readiness, number concepts, science and social studies. Special classes include Spanish, Music, Art, Chapel and P. E., which help to enrich the curriculum. Four day classes attend a special Science class each week.
In all classes, Christian values are incorporated throughout our curriculum. Bible stories, songs and prayer are an integral part of our programs.
AFTER SCHOOL CARE
Butterfly School provides on-campus extended care from 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. on school days. This is a service provided by our teachers and is paid for separately from school fees.
The mission of the Riverside Church Butterfly School is to meet the individual needs of children in a safe, fun and Christian learning environment.
The goals of the Riverside Church Butterfly School are:
- To help children grow and develop intellectually, physically, socially, emotionally, and spiritually.
- To provide learning experiences that foster a love of learning and of God in a Christian learning environment that is safe, nurturing, and stimulating.
- To provide positive learning experiences that look like play - which is the way children learn.
Our staff at Riverside Church Butterfly School strive to show the character of Christ to the children and families we serve. We have a Christian staff who is committed to loving, nurturing, and encouraging young children as they learn and grow at school. All our staff are academically qualified and experienced through years of teaching. All are trained in CPR and emergency care procedures. Annually, all staff participate in a minimum of 24 hours of training in all areas relating to early childhood development and education.
Butterfly School registration is ongoing throughout the year based on class availability.
Open registration for the following school year occurs at the beginning of March. Currently enrolled students and their siblings have first priority for registration, followed by the Riverside Church of Christ members, and then the community at large. After maximum enrollment is reached in each class, a waiting list will be established.
- There is a registration fee of $65. This fee is non-refundable and due at the time of registration.
- Both the registration fee and supply fee are non-refundable.
- Children are placed in classes based on their age as of September 1st.
- We offer 2, 3, and 4 day programs.
- A 30-Day written notice is required for withdrawal.
Learn more about the Butterfly School Enrollment (Including Rates)